Saturday, October 29, 2011

I-cord fun!


Knitting i-cord is a cinch. It is, in fact, mind-numbingly easy. As I am still a beginner knitter, i-cord is one of my favorite things to work on. It's quick... kind of; depending on how long you need the cord to be. The piece I'm working on now is going to take a while, because I want it to be quite lengthy. While browsing the web looking for fun and interesting projects I might try, I happened upon
this lovely i-cord necklace. I went out and bought a small skein of deep purple alpaca wool and some wooden beads. Unfortunately, the dark brown beads didn't stand out through the dark colored wool. It's wearable, but not what I had envisioned. I've begun another one, using plastic pearl beads. Much nicer! I've also started on the piece below, using a soft pink baby yarn and the aforementioned pearls. It's very dainty and feminine-looking, more suited to spring than fall/winter, I think, but I'm looking forward to completing it soon.




And here is another, larger, i-cord necklace. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I haven't worn it yet, and perhaps that means it's not really up-my-alley. But it was an interesting experiment.



That's it for now. Happy knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment